History of the College
Spencerian College was founded in 1892 by Enos Spencer, a nationally recognized business educator of his time. In the history book entitled Beginning of the Business School, author Charles G. Reigner states: "The name Spencerian has imbedded itself in the consciousness of the American people. The Name has been associated with business schools for almost a hundred years. It is an honored name."
Over the years, Spencerian College has realigned its program offerings to meet the needs of the community's workforce. In the early 1970s, Spencerian College offered its first allied health and nursing program. In 1992 the main campus moved from its downtown location to its current location on Dixie Highway. In 1997 Spencerian College opened its Lexington campus located in the heart of the Bluegrass Country. This location specialized in technology and computer programs and then began offering allied health programs in 2000 to meet the workforce demands of the Lexington community.
Today Spencerian College, both the main campus and the branch campus in Lexington, specializes 100% in offering healthcare programs. The college continues to adapt to employer needs in a continuous process of program and course evaluation.
Spencerian College is proud of its distinctive reputation earned through more than a century of service in education. The college is positioned to prepare its graduates to meet the employment needs of the present and the future.